A Brief History of The Lee Baths (site on which The Kingsley Hotel was built)
Lee Pool (baths) opened in 1934 to the public and was closed on 10th August 1986. The Lee Pool was an open-air unheated swimming pool, which for many years was extremely popular with Cork people. With the Eglinton Street Baths, it was the main swimming facility in the City. In the '70s and early '80s, it was opened for approximately eight to ten weeks annually. Over a number of summers, the bad weather and low usage together with substantial staffing and operation costs and the provision of new indoor pools at Douglas and Churchfield led to a decision to allow the pool to remain closed from the mid 1980s onwards.
The Kingsley Health Club was opened in September 1998 and has grown to be one of the leading Health Clubs in Cork. It has continually been improved in terms of facilities over the years and the latest investment and programme of work sees The Kingsley Health Club emerge as a leader in the field of health and fitness.